Sept 30 2017 /Courtesy of: OneDishKitchen
4-6 slices of French or Italian Bread
5 leaves large Basil chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
1 clove garlic minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese sliced
- Preheat toaster oven to 425 degrees F. Toast bread 5 minutes or until golden.
- In a small bowl, mix together the chopped basil, ricotta, Romano, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, mix together the tomatoes, garlic, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Set aside.
- Spread one-fourth of the ricotta mixture on each bread slice. Top with a slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon the tomato mixture over the mozzarella.
- In a single layer, working in batches if necessary, bake toasts 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through and mozzarella is melted.
- Garnish with reserved basil