Sept 30 2017 /Courtesy of: OneDishKitchen
1/2 cup diced zucchini (cut into 1-inch cubes)
1/2 cup diced red peppers (cut into 1-inch cubes)
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 clove garlic , minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon dried Italian herb mix or herbs de Provence
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2/3 cup dried penne pasta
3/4 cup Marinara Sauce
1 1/2 ounces Fontina cheese , shredded
1 ounce Smoked Gruyere cheese , shredded
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon butter , cut into small pieces
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- On a baking sheet, toss the zucchini, peppers, onions and garlic with olive oil, spices, salt and pepper. Roast until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a small pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook for about 5-6 minutes until the pasta is al dente (firm and not too soft).
- Drain in a colander.
- In a medium-sized bowl, toss the drained pasta with the roasted vegetables, Marinara sauce and cheeses. Gently mix the ingredients together until all of the pasta is coated with the sauce.
- Pour the pasta into a greased 5-inch baking dish. Top with grated Parmesan cheese and butter pieces. Bake until top is golden and cheese melts, about 25 minutes.