Sept 30 2017 /Courtesy of: OneDishKitchen
Creamy, low-carb Crustless Spinach Quiche for One made with salty ham and Swiss cheese. Full of flavor, you’ll never even miss the crust.
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 clove garlic , minced
1/2 cup cubed ham
1 cup baby spinach , loosely packed
2 large eggs
3 tablespoons heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup cubed Swiss cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat a medium-sized skillet on medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and swirl to evenly coat pan.
- Add the chopped onions and minced garlic to the pan; cook stirring occasionally until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cubed ham to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally for 1 minute. Add the spinach and stir until spinach is beginning to wilt, about 3 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Fold in the spinach and ham mixture.
- Stir in the cheese and pour into lightly greased 5-inch baking dish or dish of a similar size.
- Bake until quiche is puffed and golden, about 25 minutes.