Sept 30 2017 /Courtesy of: OneDishKitchen
2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
pinch kosher salt
pinch black pepper
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons ketchup
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon dried onions
1 clove garlic , minced
pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
3 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Place the chicken thighs into the base of a mini slow cooker.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper over the tops of the chicken.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the honey, soy sauce, ketchup, olive oil, dried onions, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken thighs. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low until the chicken is tender, 3-4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and place on cutting board.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water. Pour the cornstarch mixture into the sauce in the slow cooker. Stir, cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes on a high temperature.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and stir into the sauce.
- Top with sesame seeds and serve over rice. (See notes for the ingredients and instructions to make a single serving of rice).
- To make a single serving of rice:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup white rice
- 1. Bring the water, salt and butter to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in the rice.
- 2. Reduce to a simmer and cover with a lid.
- 3. Simmer for 20 minutes or until all water is absorbed.