Sept 30 2017 /Courtesy of: OneDishKitchen
1/2 cup chopped strawberries
1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons sugar, plus 1/2 teaspoon
1/4 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces (1/2 stick or 4 tablespoons)
1/4 cup milk
1 egg yolk
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
For the Glaze:
1/2 cup powdered sugar , sifted
1-2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Place the chopped strawberries in a small bowl. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of the sugar over the top and stir gently. Set bowl aside and let sit while you make the dough.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with silpat or parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and sugar.
- Using a pastry blender or your hands, cut the butter into the flour mixture until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk and the egg yolk. Pour into flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Gently stir in the white chocolate chips and the chopped strawberries.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Knead very lightly and form a circle. (Add a little more flour to the dough if the dough becomes too sticky to handle).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool on baking sheet for a minute, then transfer onto wire rack to continue cooling.
- To prepare the glaze:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and the cream until smooth. Spoon over each scone.